Thursday, December 23, 2004

SNOW, AHHHHH!

I'm so bored right now. We're snowed in. Ok, not really. We could go out if it was really necessary, like if we needed food or medicine or more wine, but I can't just up and drive to Starbucks because I'm bored. What's funny is that if there were no snow, and this was a normal Thursday night, I wouldn't want to go anywhere. And since there's nothing on TV I haven't seen five times and I've already watched Spiderman 2 (awesome!) and Van Helsing (the opposite of awesome!) I'm going to fill out these two quizzes and you're going to like it. I don't remember what website I got them from. Feel free to steal. In fact, please do, so I have something to read.

So. If you don't want to hear me talk about myself for the rest of this post, I'd suggest moving on. However, if you're here I don't really know what else you were expecting.

QUIZ 1: End of the Year Wrap-Up (it's close enough and DID I MENTION I'M BORED)

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Drank Mexican tequila. In Mexico.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I remember correctly, I didn't make any REAL resolutions. I guess I'll make some for next year, but only because it's fun to think about stuff I won't do.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Besides me, you mean? Kidding. Um, not that I can think of.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, unfortunately. My great uncle Al died last spring and grandpa died about a month ago.

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A job. An apartment. Sanity.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 3rd. Obvious, sad reasons. November 9th, the day Grandpa died.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I didn't start a riot on November 3rd.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't start a riot on November 3rd. Heh.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides minor scrapes and bruises from being a major klutz and falling down, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A fish.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mary.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Bush. People who voted for Bush. People who didn't vote period. Jessica Simpson.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I don't wanna say, because it'll make me sound like an alcoholic. Kidding again. Probably groceries or gas. So exciting.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My sophomore-year roomie's wedding.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Hey Ya

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier, I guess, but I'm usually happy
b) richer or poorer? hmm, same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Planning ahead.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home. My sister will wake up super early, but my parents will be up earlier. Someone will make me get out of bed at an ungodly hour (like 10 or EARLIER) . My sister and I will sit on the couch upstairs until my parents get the area around the tree "ready." They'll let us come down, we'll open presents, my dad will take pictures, the dog will try to eat wrapping paper. Later, we'll all go to my grandparent's house to see my mom's side of the family and open and give more presents. I hope to spend my Christmas taking DIGITAL pictures, wink wink.

21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No, but I loved.

22. How many one-night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Friends, Scrubs, Sex and the City, LOST (!!!), Desperate Housewives

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don't really hate anyone.

25. What was the best book you read?
Lucky, by Alice Sebold

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Does this mean who? I guess Jamie Cullum.

27. What did you want and get?
Lost of fun times with my friends.

28. What did you want and not get?
More fun times with my friends.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 22 and, just like the year before, I spent my birthday at McMurray's with friends.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If Bush hadn't won. Sigh.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Flip-flops all year round.

33. What kept you sane?
Ripley (my dog)

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm. I'm gonna go with Johnny Depp. Or John Edwards.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Heh. Does the election count? Because I'm gonna say the election as a whole stirred me up. But only a little, right?

36. Who did you miss?
The last few months, I've really missed not being able to see my friends every day. But it's getting easier, and I don't know if that's good or bad.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet Heidi for the first time this year, but this was the year we started hanging out and I'm so glad we did.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004
Just because you're pretending something isn't there doesn't make it disappear.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
After years of expensive education/a car full of books and anticipation/I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot/but the world don't need scholars as much as I thought.




QUIZ 2: Timeline

25 years ago: I wasn't born yet. So, I guess I was a tiny egg in my mother's ovary.

20 years ago: I was two years old. That's too young to ask for anything for Christmas, so I'm sure I didn't get anything I REALLY wanted.

15 Years ago: I was 7. We lived in our old house on the other side of Kettering, next door to my grandma. I have no idea what I would have asked for for Christmas. Probably some My Little Ponies. Maybe a Barbie. That might have been the year I got my Sesame Street Playhouse for the backyard, although, now that I think about it I might have gotten that for my birthday a few years before, because 7 seems kind of old for Sesame Street.

10 Years ago: I was 12 and in seventh grade and I absolutely hated junior high. I had just taken a Red Cross babysitting class because I had three new baby cousins to start babysitting for. I probably asked for books for Christmas because I am and have always been a huge nerd. We were living in our new house. I was best friends with Melissa and we were really mean and did I mention I hated junior high?

5 years ago: I was 17 and a senior in high school. I was on Christmas break and enjoying the new-to-me car that I'd gotten in October. I was working at the public library (did I mention nerd?) and managed to amuse myself there. I didn't know where I'd be going to college, but I had it narrowed down to Ohio Northern, Ohio State, and Wittenberg. Wittenberg won. Thank god.

3 years ago: I was 20. A junior in college. Home for break and happy to be done with finals. I was just figuring out that I should probably be thinking about what to do once I graduated. I had no idea that a few weeks later I'd be back on campus, at McMurray's, drinking with my pastor's son.

1 year ago: I was 21. Living with Stiffie and Nicole in an apartment on campus, next door to Mary, Erica, and Lampl. We had survived our first semester in our first apartment, including keeping up with the bills, getting free cable without having to do anything, and living through a nasty sewage flooding of our basement.

This year: I'm 22. Done with classes. Back home. Looking for a job so I can start saving money. Looking forward to spending New Years in Chicago.

Yesterday: I ran around the house staring out the windows and exclaiming, "Oh my god, it's STILL snowing!" and "Look how much snow!" and "My car looks like an igloo!"

Today: Got up at 6:30 and watched the weather with my parents. Drank some coffee. Talked to Beau and felt bad that he couldn't go home yet. Wondered if Stiffie made it home. Got ready to go babysit, but thankfully they didn't need me to, because I don't think my car would have made it. Spent the day working on Mary's going away present (shh, it's a seeeecret), reading, and watching movies. Good times.

Tomorrow: Tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Meaning, my parents are home from work and we'll all probably spend the day drinking coffee and watching TV, until 7 when we'll make our yearly trip to church for Christmas Eve services. That is, if we don't get any more snow and if the snow we've already gotten doesn't do something crazy like freeze and there isn't a really good movie on TV. If that happens, we'll stay home in the dry and the warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment