Monday, January 22, 2007

when's it my turn? wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above? out of the sea, wish I could be, part of that world

So, according to MSN, today was apparently the most depressing day of 2007. Congratulations on making it through! Yay! The rest of the year is going to HANDS DOWN KICK TODAY'S ASS!

I am a little ashamed to admit this (no, I'm not) but tonight's dinner included conversation topics such as: the nickname of Heidi's boyfriend's roommate's girlfriend which I will never ever in a million years share on any blog my parents read, ALSO stabbing small children with a steak knife, ALSO drowning babies, ALSO pooping in library books, ALSO changing diapers at a booth in a restaurant, and that's all I'm sharing. Because I can't remember the rest. No, I totally can, but again . . . there are some things I am not sharing on a blog my parents read. And all my aunts and uncles. Sorry, rest of you.

After dinner, Heidi and I decided to do pilates. Only, we didn't do the easy pilates we normally do, we did the loooong one. And now I want to die. DIE. One day I'm going to sit down and write down all the dirty things Mari Windsor says. And I'm not even talking about some of the names of the exercises, such as The Corkscrew, Hip Preparation, The Jackknife, The Teaser, and The Open Leg Rocker which, as we were rocking back and forth holding our ankles, caused Heidi to matter-of-factly state, "there are so many things wrong with this picture." And there WERE. There's also this exercise called The Mermaid and you would not believe the strange looks Heidi gave me when I started singing "Part of Their World" because apparently SOMEONE didn't spend their entire childhood watching The Little Mermaid over and over. Anyway, I just hope our apartment complex doesn't employ a dirty, pervy maintenance worker who secretly videotapes all the female residents. Although if he does . . . well, I think I have worse things to worry about than secret videotapes of me doing pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment