Saturday, January 22, 2005

For my first introduction . . .


Posted by Hello

This is my friend Nancy. I debated on whether or not to use real names, but then I thought no one (except people I know) will know if I'm using real names or not. It's like magic. Or something.

Anyway. This fabulous picture of Nancy (or is it Lucy? Anne? Shaniqua?) was taken one special Sunday night at the bar. Yes, I said Sunday. For some reason, our friends at McMurray's opened the bar for our sorority one Sunday night for an impromptu pizza party. This turned into a "give everyone free drinks and get out the karaoke machine" party. I do believe at some point that night, Nancy was doing somersaults and broke her sandal.

I met Nancy freshman year when we both rushed the same sorority, but I didn't really get to know her until the next year. I have a lot of fun memories with Nancy, but here are some of my favorites.

On her 21st birthday, she bought one of those tiny cakes from Kroger or something. The only reason she bought it was because she wanted to dunk her face in it. I have the before, during, and after pictures of that event somewhere, but I couldn't find them. To clean off her face, she used the hosebrush thingie in the sorority house kitchen. I should point out that she was sober for this one.

One night after a party, we went back to the sorority house to make some food. This was before we lived there. All of the ramen was gone from the cabinet, but we knew they kept more locked in the snack closet and the only other ramen on campus that we knew of was aaaaaall the way down the street in my dorm room. So we did the only logical thing, and that was to vault Nancy through the open space above the snack closet door. Once she was inside, she unlocked the door and we helped ourselves to a couple packets of salty, noodley goodness. Somehow, The People In Charge found out what we'd done and they nailed a board over the open space. If they wouldn't have locked away the food that WE PAID FOR we wouldn't have had to resort to acrobatics so really it's their own fault.

Once Nancy went out for dinner and drinks with some other students and their Education professor. She met us later after she'd had many Red Bull and Vodkas (blech) and ended up running to the bar.

When we went to Charleston for Fall Break junior year, Nancy and I wrote a big "69" in the sand because we are JUST THAT MATURE. Then we got mad because some kids from the Christian group in the condo next to us erased it.

That summer some of us went to visit a friend in West Virginia. One night, this friend's brother got out a beer bong and Nancy insisted she'd never seen one before. She kept calling it a Contraption, so that year for her birthday we made one for her. We decorated it and everything and wrote "Contraption" down the tube.

There are MANY more, but that's the stuff that could probably get us in trouble. It's probably best not to publish some things we did on the internet(s).

Love you, Nancy! If that IS your real name.

No comments:

Post a Comment