Wednesday, January 05, 2005

this will last a week at best

Ok, so I don't usually make New Year's resolutions and if I DO they're usually super vague, but I decided about five minutes ago that it couldn't hurt to put a couple things in writing. That way, this time next year I can go back and read all of my good intentions and see if I actually accomplished anything.

So. Here goes.
  1. Write for AT LEAST one hour every day, and blogging doesn't count.

  2. Exercise in some way every day, even if it's not for very long and it's done while watching reruns of Friends.

  3. Watch less TV. For instance, do not sit in front of TV, channel surf, and then settle for watching Blind Date because nothing else is on. Turn the TV off and then open a book, or go work on numbers 1 and 2 (heh, that sounds bad).

  4. Get dressed immediately after showering (and, of course, drying off) instead of sitting around in various stages of undress checking e-mail or writing in blog. This starts tomorrow, obviously, as I am currently writing this in my bathrobe.

  5. Job search for at least one hour a day OR send out two resumes a day.

  6. Take fewer pictures of the dog with digital camera.

  7. Stop drinking so many caffeinated beverages. Just because I have a Starbucks gift card DOES NOT mean I have to consume as many caramel macchiatos as I can within 24 hours.

  8. Be nicer to my sister, unless she throws water on me again.

  9. Feed fish every day. And also change his water more than once every two months.

  10. Drink more water.

  11. Go to bed and get up earlier so I don't go into shock once I finally get a job.

  12. To go along with number 11, stop staying up late trying to finish the last 100 pages of a book. When the chapter ends, put the book down and go to sleep because staying up until 4 AM because "the book was just TOO GOOD TO PUT DOWN" is probably not an acceptable excuse for missing work.

  13. Travel to a state I've never been to before. It's probably easier to list the states I HAVE been to, so any states other than the following will count: California, Texas, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio (obviously), Kentucky, Tennessee, Michigan, West Virginia, Regular Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. Any other state is up for grabs, so if you live in one of the states NOT on that list, all I can say is WATCH OUT.

  14. Don't be as superstitious. That one's stupid, but I just didn't want to end on number 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment