Wednesday, November 09, 2005

blah, blah, I voted

I voted yesterday even though my voting record is kind of disappointing. And there wasn't anything on the ballot that I felt extremely passionate about. Basically, I voted because I knew that if the issues I wanted to pass did not (which they freaking didn't) and I tried to complain about it, I wouldn't feel truly JUSTIFIED to complain since I didn't vote. So. I was a good little citizen and used my precious lunch hour to go vote. My losing streak continued through this election. I think I'm a curse. The people I vote for hardly ever get elected. It's getting to the point that I think I'm going to start voting for the opposite of what I really want to happen because it seems like if I vote yes, it'll turn out no, if I vote no, it'll turn out yes, if I vote smart, it'll turn out Bush.

Yesterday's experience was quite a different from last year's. Last year, I was ready to go all Xena Warrior Princess on any poll workers that tried to impugn my rights as a legal, voting citizen and was actually kind of disappointed when a lady who looked like my grandma handed me my ballot without question. Also, our county switched to the electronic voting machines so I didn't get the satisfaction of stabbing through cardboard with that little pokey thing. It wasn't quite as fun, let me tell you.

Perhaps the biggest difference was that I did not stay up until 5:30 in the morning praying and throwing little tantrums as the results came in. Which is good, because that much disappointment and hate coursing through my veins that early in the morning is just exhausting. Also, it meant no soul-crushing defeat today, which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment