Sunday, November 05, 2006

I was thinking . . . will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster then a shark?

Last night, as I was conducting a very important phone conversation with Heidi (I was telling her how I had just learned that Neil Patrick Harris is gay), I heard a strange noise coming from my room. It was a kind of whirring, but like . . . evil whirring? Anyway, I entered my room to see what on earth could possibly be making such an unholy noise and found that my computer monitor had either just died or had become inhabited by some wicked creature from the underworld. I hope it's just dead because, while it is unplugged now, it's still sitting in a useless lump on my bedroom floor. I'd like to think a tiny, armored, green gremlin (Or one of those white, evil imp things from that movie The Gate? Did you ever see that? I saw it at a very young age and I do believe it scarred me for life) will not come scampering out while I'm asleep so it can steal my breath like that one movie. You know the one I'm talking about? Anyway. I also saw that at too young an age, and while most likely neither of these movies would scare me now, Child Freckled Pigtailed Jennie (who looks much like Adult StillFreckled SlightlyTaller Jennie) was freaked the hell out.

Luckily, my parents had an extra computer monitor that I can use until I get paid on Friday and can afford to go buy a new one. BUT, between the hours of about 5:30 last night and 2 o'clock today, I was without access to The Internets. It was rough, especially since I had already decided to stay in and be a good girl (to make up for last weekend). I was stuck all alone with my thoughts with no outlet for my word vomit (thanks, Tamara) ALL. Night. Long. Now THAT is scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment