Thursday, October 06, 2005

the one where she talks obsessively about TV . . . some more

Is anyone else getting sick of the flashbacks on Lost? It got to the point last night that the first time they flashedback (?) I actually groaned out loud and threw a pillow, until I saw that it was a Locke flashback. If I have to watch the actors go back in time and have bad hair, I'd prefer to watch Terry O'Quinn because, hello? He's awesome. ALSO, Katey Sagal? Excellent.

Was I the only one who didn't want them to push the button at the end? I don't think I would have, just because I wanted to see what would happen if they didn't push it. I mean, what . . . would killer polar bears have been released from underground trap doors, like those tigers that almost ate Russell Crowe in Gladiator?

Now. On to Alias. Alias is now dead to me. As dead as the bullet-riddled Michael Vaughn! I hope Sydney's stupid baby turns out to be a Russian spy IN THE WOMB. Have the writers of that show learned NOTHING from what happened to The X-Files? You don't get rid of one of your leads, even if you say they will come back for guest spots. And if you do get rid of one of your leads, you do not add new characters who will most likely suck all over the place. Remember that time Mulder died? Not the first time when they blew him up in a boxcar full of aliens. Or the next time when Scully told everyone he shot himself in the face. Or the other time when it kind of looked like he died because they took out a piece of his brain. Or all those other times it looked like he might die. NO. I'm talking about the time he died and they buried him and then like 4 months later they dug him up and put him in a hospital bed and then poof he was alive. How stupid is that? I mean, there's only so much you can ask your audience to just accept without them finally throwing their remotes through the TV and writing you numerous death threats.

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment