Monday, October 24, 2005

smile like you mean it

I'm tired. I'm tired of my job, I'm tired of where I live, I'm tired of doing the same thing day after day after day.

I won't go into details, but work today just really got to me, and I can't think why. Nothing happened today that hasn't been happening since I've been there. The thought of going in tomorrow exhausts me. Is that normal? No one really wants to go to work, right, so is it a big deal that some mornings I'd rather jab myself in the eye with a butter knife than drag myself out of bed into an office that is mind-numbingly slow one moment and then moving at breakneck-can't-sit-down-or-even-eat-lunch speed the next?

I don't know. Maybe it's just the weather. It's so easy to blame everything on the weather when it's cold and gloomy and supposed to snow (snow!) or sleet or something else unpleasant. I hope my mood clears up soon, though, because the act of smiling and making nice with people is starting to make me twitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment