Monday, October 31, 2005

panic bubbles

I just realized that today is the last day of October (I know, I'm slow), and NaNoWriMo starts tonight at midnight. Have you ever said NaNoWriMo? It's quite enjoyable. I highly recommend it.

Anyway. The panic is starting. I know this will surprise EVERYONE, but the procrastination I so successfully employ whenever I have some kind of project has been here in full force since I decided to try NaNoWriMo again.

The problem is, I have a lot of ideas, but I have trouble picking one to focus on. Also, I always seem to have more small details for the story than actual plot. Last time, I just kind of picked an idea out of the air with no clue or plan for where the story would go and it sort of . . . fizzled. I wanted a plan this time. Not too much of a plan, but an outline of at least a few of the characters and plot points.

I guess I still have a couple hours to come up with one, but who am I kidding? I probably won't even attempt an outline until around 11 tonight. Or I'll just wing it again and start writing at 12:01 in caffeine infused mania. Sure, I could be smart about it and start planning when I get home from work, but why mess with the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment