Tuesday, October 04, 2005

november is starting early this year

I don't know if any of you remember, but last November sucked giant donkey balls. I mean, sure, things could have been worse, a lot worse, but at the time everything pretty much blew.

I'm tempted to say that November has started already, because yesterday blew all kinds of balls, not just donkey, but if I step back and really examine the situation it's not THAT bad.

My car, as of right now, is at the mechanic's. After work yesterday, I ran into my apartment to grab some library books that are spectacularly overdue, but when I got back in my car and tried to start it . . . nothing. No problem. It's done that before. Last time, I let it sit and rest for a while and when I tried to start it again it finally did. This time? Not so lucky. I tried every 30 minutes, until my dad got there with the jumper cables, which also accomplished nothing, other than to let us know that we should go call a tow truck. Which we did. And then the tow truck driver tried and still nothing. We took my car to the mechanic's, where I'm already in for about a hundred dollars just for them to figure out what the problem is. Yay! I'm just crossing my fingers that it's nothing too serious.

For the good, though. My lovely parents were willing to lend me one of their cars so I could go to work today. My lovely father stood outside with me to wait for the tow truck and ALSO talked to the people at the mechanic's front counter, because what I don't know about cars could fill several large books and also a stone tablet. For other volumes of Things Jennie Knows Little to Nothing About, please see "Boys," "Time Management," and "Cooking." Last night, when I finally got home, I was so happy that I'd remembered to tape Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential, because lawyer Bob Loblaw? I'm sorry, that's the best thing I've seen on TV, like, EVER.

Also, and this is totally off-topic, I've decided that if I have the opportunity to dress up for Halloween this year I'm going to be Punky Brewster, because . . . um, she's awesome? Yeah. And last night my mom and I were trying to remember the name of the dog, and I kept thinking it was Comet, but I just remembered that that was the dog on Full House and Google just told me that Punky Brewster's dog's name was Brandon (wtf?) and I JUST REALIZED that I probably watched/watch too much TV. The end.

Thank god that mystery is solved. And for my last piece of news, and I don't know if it's good or bad yet but I'll let you know at the end of November, is that I'm going to try NaNoWriMo again next month. Last year I completed, I think, about a fourth of a novel? I don't know, but this year I'm determined to finish a whole one.

So suck on that, November.

No comments:

Post a Comment