Monday, October 09, 2006

I knew it

The office I work for has two locations, and the one we share with another dentist we only go to on Mondays. It's their office, really, we just rent the space from time to time. Every Monday I go to the back room to pick out a movie to play, because I am the only one in the office who can see the TV and sometimes a girl just really wants to watch Annie, you know? OK, I'll admit that I play Annie every time we're in that office and I'm not ashamed. At all.

Anyway, so every time I go back to the "media" area, I get pissed off because not only do they not rewind the movies (something that was repeatedly driven into my head as a child, to the point that an unrewound movie will sometimes send me into a blind rage and I wake up in a pool of blood surrounded by an impressive array of body parts), but most of the time they don't even put the movies back in their cases. So, every Monday I go in there and there are movies and cases and DVDs thrown about all haphazardly. And every Monday, I stand there and reorganize all of them because I just. Can't. Help myself. I can usually stop myself from putting them in alphabetical order, but I have to at least separate the DVDs from the VHS.

Today, one of my coworkers wandered over as I was reorganizing everything and muttering to myself and she asked what I was doing. So I said to her, "Every Monday I come back here and every Monday it's a giant mess, so EVERY MONDAY I have to stand here and clean it up." She laughed and said I was probably fighting a losing battle and then continued to say, "isn't there some saying about how insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?"

Why, yes. Yes, there is. And thank you for clearing up that mystery for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment