Friday, October 13, 2006

You can't say you're breezy, that totally negates the breezy.

This morning when I woke up I didn't want to get out of bed. This is not unusual for, um, any day. But today it was because it was approximately four degrees in my room. So then I ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower to an almost unbearably hot temperature but THEN I didn't want to get out of the shower. Because I remembered the cold, you see, and I wanted to avoid it. Unfortunately, I have not yet figured out a way to get dressed while still standing under a steaming stream of water. Sigh. My life has such problems, no?

So, for about the past two weeks, I've been driving my mom's car while my own car had a complete frontal lobotomy. Not by Dr. McDreamy, unfortunately, although he's been kind of a douche lately so maybe that's a good thing. Anyway, I got my car back last night and my dad informed me that I may want to clean out my trunk, because he'd thrown a bunch of stuff from the backseat in there. Now, OK, I'll admit that I am somewhat of a packrat and my stuff has a habit of piling up everywhere, including my car. As of right this very minute these are the things in my backseat: an umbrella (that only seems to be in my car on very sunny days), a cup from our kitchen, an ice scraper, OK, two ice scrapers, and a People magazine (that I used as an umbrella because I can never find an actual umbrella when it's raining . . . it's OK, though, because this issue of People had Jessica Simpson on the cover and she deserves to be rained on). I can't remember exactly what my dad must have removed from the backseat, but if I DO remember correctly, my trunk is now home to a pair of tennis shoes, an ice scraper (yes another one), my front license plate holder, a sheet, a flashlight, a jacket, a letter I've been meaning to send my friend in Africa, and four rolls of wrapping paper. My dad asked why I had tennis shoes in my car (really, Dad, out of all that, you wonder about the tennis shoes? Really?) and was incredulous when I told him there may be a time when I might desperately need them. Like, say, I'm somewhere in the snow and my car breaks down and I'm only wearing flip flops and for some reason I don't have my cell phone but LUCKILY I have a pair of tennis shoes AND a jacket to wear on my long hike to get help. My mom asked why I might be wearing flip flops when it is clearly snowing outside and I explained that HELLO, I'm not very smart sometimes and really, she should know that by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment