Friday, June 01, 2007

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

I have a problem with it being June already. Who do I see about that? God? Willy Wonka? Wizard of Oz? Who?

The Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie when I was little. My Aunt Karen used to baby-sit me all the time and she says I would come over and say, "Aunt Kawen, I want to watch Wizawd. Of. Oz." I guess a lot of people were scared of that movie when they were little because of the flying monkeys, but NOT ME. I loved it. In second grade we had to dress up as our favorite movie/literary character and I dressed up as Dorothy and my dad spray painted a pair of my shoes with RED GLITTER paint. I loved them. I wish I had a grown-up pair.

My other favorite movie was ET, which I guess a lot of kids were scared of, too. One of my friends actually SHIT HER PANTS once when faced with a lifesize statue of ET. She was like three, though, so don't think she did this last year or anything. Anyway, I loved ET and I'd walk around with my finger out all, "ET PHONE HOME." God, I must have been annoying. My Uncle John also taught me how to bang on my METAL highchair and shout, "I WANT FOOD! I WANT FOOD!" Why my parents never left me on the orphanage doorstep late one night, I'll never know.

Anyway, so it's June. And starting next weekend the month goes CRAZY with plans so I'm afraid I will never see my bed again. At least on the weekends, anyway. So, this weekend, I plan on either spending all my free time at the pool (meaning I need to find my pool pass unless I want to hop the fence . . . again) or in front of the TV playing Nintendo. Really, it depends on the weather.

Did you hear that, Willy Wonka? My weekend is in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment