Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I am a great interviewee. Why? Because I have something no one else has. My brain. Which I use to my advantage, when advantageous.

You may remember that I mentioned that Heidi and I stayed up until 3 AM the other night playing Nintendo. The original Nintendo. The one with duck hunt and the huge, fake gun that you point at your TV and the dog that laughs at you when you miss? THAT ONE. Well, yesterday, I bugged and bugged and bugged my parents to let me take their Super Nintendo home with me. AND THEY LET ME! Well, they said I could "borrow" it and I'm hoping they mean borrow it like I borrowed Chicago and half of their tupperware collection. Anyway, so that is why our living room looks like this:



And I know right now you're probably thinking, "Oh, Jennie. You do not need these. You have far too many other time wasters in your life. TV. The Internets. All of those movies surrounding the Nintendo Area. Drinking." But I say to you THIS, Internets. I had time to take a picture of our new-old Nintendos and post them online. Obviously I have far too much time on my hands and these games are very necessary.

You know what's weird? When you walk by a mirror and are taken aback because, oh dear god, there's an adult staring back at you! Sometimes I just stare at my reflection and think, "who ARE you?" because I don't remember turning into a grown-up and I don't really care for it. I mean, some parts are OK (alright, MORE than OK) but sometimes I just want to have recess again, you know?

On a completely different note, I had the weirdest dream the other night. I was a contestant on America's Next Top Model (I know, shut up) and I feel comfortable telling you about this because I know I'm not the only one who has dreams about ANTM. For some reason, Heidi Klum was the host instead of Miss Tyra. I don't know why. Maybe Miss Tyra was busy with her talk show or sick or something. NOT IMPORTANT. So anyway, me and the other models traveled to some faraway country to compete in a fashion show against other models. Kind of like in Harry Potter? When they compete for the Goblet of Fire? Wow, I am really nerding out right now, aren't I? OK. So we're all in this huge closet that we'd thrown all of our clothes in and we're getting dressed and I went to ask Heidi Klum if we were supposed to wear our outfits in a certain order. She said, "Yes, of course! The first outfit must consist primarily of pockets!" and I was all excited because I'd packed this hideously ugly dress with pockets ALL OVER it. But when I went into the closet I couldn't find it and I started freaking out and trying on all these other outfits but NONE OF THEM HAD POCKETS OH GOD WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO I WAS GOING TO GET KICKED OFF FOR SURE and that's when I woke up The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment