Sunday, September 19, 2004

are those tears contagious?

I'm watching the Emmy's right now, and the show is actually pretty good this year. For some reason, I tend to watch award shows out of habit, not necessarily because they're entertaining or anything. But this show hasn't been bad. I like Garry Shandling, and I liked the bit he did about the reality show at his front door, if only because David Duchovny showed up for a cameo. It was a nice in-joke to The Larry Sanders Show. Whenever David Duchovny showed up, he'd hit on Larry Sanders and Larry thought he had a crush on him.

At the moment, I'm watching Sarah Jessica Parker accept her award and I'm actually holding back tears. What is that? Why do I ALWAYS feel the need to shed tears while watching award acceptance speeches?

[sidenote here: Kelsey Grammer? WTF, ever. You know he's only getting it because it was the last year. Same with Sarah Jessica Parker. Tony Shaloub was ROBBED. Anyway.]

So. Yeah. Pretty much whenever I see someone else crying, it makes me want to cry. It doesn't matter what they're crying about. I cry at most movies I see. And if I start crying, and someone asks me what's wrong, it makes me cry more. I hate that. If I'm crying, just ignore me and I'll stop eventually.

The same thing happens when I blush. And I blush A LOT. I really hate that. I don't know if it's because I have pale skin, but it's a problem. I blush when I talk in front of crowds. When I talk in front of more than two people. When I say something dirty. When someone else says something dirty. When I become the focus of attention suddenly. But mostly, I blush when someone points out that I'm blushing. I don't even think it's because I'm embarrassed. I'm not easily embarrassed (anymore), which is a good thing because I embarrass myself frequently.

I think it's a mental thing. Someone points to me and says, "haha, look, you're blushing," and I think "don't blush don't blush stop blushing, won't you please for the love of god STOP your face from turning beet red," but it never works.

So stop it already. Geez, what's your problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment