Friday, September 17, 2004

can you please reattach my arm?

My dog is trying to psych me out. I took her for a walk a little bit ago. As usual, we walked to the pond. It looked like it could start raining at any moment, so I decided to walk primarily around the pond in case it started pouring and I had to run home.

We walked past groups of ducks at least 4 or 5 times, and each time Ripley kind of glanced at them and then ignored them. She was much more interested in trying to eat all the duck poop littering the pavement.

The next time we walked by the SAME ducks she'd walked by before, she took off. When she came to the end of her leash, she kind of jerked in the air. I hadn't even been paying attention, because I was too busy listening to Rooney and staring at the ducks swimming in the pond, but I definitely noticed when she almost ripped my arm out of socket.

I guess it could have been worse. She could have dragged me through the park or made me drop the leash and then I would have had to go chasing her into the pond, because I'm sure that's where she would have headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment