Friday, September 03, 2004

crossing my fingers

I just got back from the Kerry rally. Yes, it's 2 in the morning. I'm tired, so I'll keep this short.

I'd never heard of Fingerhut until tonight, but he's awesome. And not just because of his name, either.

People need to stay out of my personal bubble.

There were an obscene amount of people there. Yay Springfield! Way to show up.

I only saw one person protesting. He looked lonely with his poor little Bush/Cheney sign. I think I heard some other people chanting outside at one point, but they were gone by the time we got out there.

I still really like John Edwards.

John Kerry is as weird looking in person as he is on TV, but at least he pronounced all of the words in his speech correctly.

The people at the rally really, really, REALLY didn't like Bush, which suited me just fine.

There was such an energetic, hopeful vibe. I'm so glad I went, even though my feet hurt (which is my own fault, because who would think wearing $4 sandals from Old Navy to stand around for hours would be a good idea) and I am all sweaty and dirty.

And I got a sign and a button. I wanted to get one of those yard signs, even though I don't think my dad would ever let me put it in the yard where people could actually see it.

I still think it'd be funny if we had a Bush/Cheney sign AND a Kerry/Edwards sign in the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment