Friday, September 10, 2004

frolf freaks

There's a frolf (frisbee golf) course in the area around the park and pond where I take my dog for walks. Tonight I was walking up there and, as usual, people were playing. The problem was, it was almost completely dark outside at this point.

Why would you play frisbee golf in the dark? Can you even see the targets? At least twice while I was watching, they threw one of their discs in the pond and had to wade in and get them. I can understand this happening once, but the second time it happens wouldn't you maybe stop playing?

Because they sure didn't.

I like to imagine they're still out there, whipping their frisbees across the pond. Until they hit a duck or something, in which case they'd probably run away so they don't get in trouble. Like in About a Boy when Marcus throws the loaf of bread at a duck and kills it. I love that movie.

I don't even know what I'm saying right now, so I think I'm gonna go.

No comments:

Post a Comment