Sunday, September 12, 2004

excuse me, but that sign says No Swimming

The nighttime Frisbee golf continues. I really don't get it. I can barely see my dog when she gets to the end of her leash, but they think they can see the target from the opposite side of the pond.

Tonight there were two people actually swimming in the pond, which I wouldn't recommend for anyone but ducks and dogs. And even then, I wouldn't really recommend it. We don't let our dog swim in the pond unless she's getting a bath the next day because she ends up smelling like . . . well, like nothing I've ever smelled before. The closest I've come to smelling something similar is when the basement of our apartment last year flooded with sewage. That doesn't make me feel good about what's in the water in the pond.

There was a peewee football game going on up at the middle school. I used to cheer for the Wee Wildcats back in the day. Frightening, I know.

I wanted to go up to one of the little cheerleaders, in her cute little outfit, and say, "Behold! I am your future," but I didn't want to scare her.

No comments:

Post a Comment