Sunday, September 26, 2004

a moment of silence, please

Today was an odd day. Stiffie and I went to see Garden State (which was AWESOME and I want to marry Zach Braff, but that's nothing new, I hope John doesn't mind) in this theater that I haven't been to since high school. The only reason we went is because it was the closest theater showing Garden State. It was strange to be there, mainly because it hasn't really changed much in the past 5 years. Way to go, Showcase.

Stiffie and I were the only two in the theater, too. So we got to sit right in the middle and make comments throughout the movie, which I normally hate but I wasn't worried about bothering anyone because it was basically our theater for a couple hours. I did get kind of paranoid toward the end because I thought someone could sneak in behind us and we'd have no idea because we were so immersed in the movie. This is probably leftover paranoia from all my spy-hallucinations.

Another thing? Justin Timberlake is singing "Rainbow Connection" with Kermit the frog. And Kermit just called Justin a "douchbag." So wrong.

I met Stiffie's new cat, Panda, today too. Panda for some reason likes to climb up onto your shoulder and ram her head into your face. She also thought my sunglasses were a fun new toy from the future.

Well, I don't know if she thought they were from the future. I mean, she's a cat. Do cats really have any sense of time, let alone the future? Probably not. But she thought they were cool anyway.

And, in what was perhaps the saddest part of the day, my cell phone was castrated. It is now without an antenna. Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment