Monday, September 27, 2004

It's National Banned Books Week

Thanks Amy, for reminding me. Go here to read the top 100 most banned books from 1990 to 2000. Amy had a good idea, to pick a book off of the list to read this week. I'm going to read The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood.

Here are some other banned books I'd recommend:

Harry Potter (but be careful, you might want to become a wizard and practice dark arts afterward)

Where's Waldo (WTF?)

Of Mice and Men (again, I say, WTF?)

The Catcher in the Rye

The Giver

The Color Purple

The Bluest Eye

To Kill a Mockingbird

Flowers for Algernon

Slaughterhouse-Five

Lord of the Flies

Some of the books on this list, wow. I think it's funny that so many books that are considered classics are on the list.

Whatever. Leave my books alone, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment