Friday, April 03, 2009

OK, just so I understand it. In your wildest fantasy, you are in hell. And you are co-running a bed and breakfast with the devil.

Today is my last day at my job, and since I start my new job straightaway (MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY), my main goal for today is to leave work early. My other goals are to make sure my replacement's head doesn't explode (she commenced freakout: oh, yesterday, around 3 o'clock), and to not say anything really stupid before I leave. I've been here a little over two years, just like my last job, and, just like my last job, I'm starting to see everything through rose-colored glasses. This morning, I was all, "I like all these people!" (lies) and "the pay isn't so bad!" (lies) and "this place doesn't make my head explode!" and then email after email started coming through and I was like, "ow, head, stop exploding." True story.

Seven hours later . . .

I actually wrote all that when I first got to work, thinking I'd be having a (mostly) free day. That is not what happened. Instead I worked really hard and then went to lunch with my coworkers and then worked really hard some more and then I gave everything to my replacement and then I left FOREVER. And then I got a little sad. And then I saw Joe and he gave me a big hug and I felt better. And now I'm counting down the hours until I meet some of my BFFs for dinner and drinks. Hopefully lots of drinks. The end.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your last day! Enjoy the boozing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love the overwhelming sense of freedom on the last day of a job. Kind of like the running down the hill/field in the Little House on the Prairie opening credits.

    ReplyDelete