This took me a long time to finish, for some reason, but please don't think that had any affect on the quality. Because, well, yeah...anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Resolutions to follow...you know, sometime.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Got engaged. Wrote A NOVEL. Interviewed
Owly Andy Runton.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember really making any, so I'm going to say that I succeeded in all of them. Go me!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not to my knowledge, unless they hid their pregnancy, gave birth, and then sold it on eBay speedy quick.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
It feels like tempting fate to answer this, yes?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More traveling! More time off of work. Actually, more time period. Do you think Hermione would let me borrow her time turner?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
12/14/09. True story.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
DUDE. I wrote A NOVEL.
9. What was your biggest failure?
After I wrote A NOVEL, I didn't do anything else with it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Winston. He's hanging in there, despite sickness and SURGERY, just like that one cat who is always like, "hang in there!" and stuff.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sarah Palin. Glenn Beck. You know, the usual suspects.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Honestly? I saved more money this year than I've ever saved IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Still, too much money went to restaurants, Target, and the internet.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Inauguration Day. Seeing "50,000" pop up on the NaNo word count. This.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
No song in particular, but David Berkeley, maybe.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. Thinner or fatter? Slightly fatter, wah wah.
iii. Richer or poorer? Slightly richer, whoohoo!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleep. No, JK. I wish I was smarter with my money and vacation time and visited more people.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
You mean, like, next Christmas? I DON'T KNOW.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I was already totes magotes in love.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmm. I don't know. Possibly Lost. Maybe The Office. Glee, perhaps? Or It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, hating people makes me feel icky.
25. What was the best book you read?
This is too much pressure, I don't know. I will say that, according to Goodreads, here are some of the books I ranked 5 Stars: City of Thieves, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Stardust. Although, to be completely honest, I'm not very good about updating Goodreads.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Most likely something Kat sent me, which doesn't make it my discovery, really.
27. What did you want and get?
I got everything I wanted this year, other than maybe a puppy. Heh.
28. What did you want and not get?
OK, also a baby penguin.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm. District 9 was really good. And Up made me cry like a tiny baby.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27, which I have to keep reminding myself because, for some reason, I keep trying to make myself 28 instead. I don't know why. We went to a Reds game and then to drink liters of beer out of giant beer steins.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Same as always: t-shirt, jeans, flip-flops/sneakers.
32. What kept you sane?
Same as always: Joe. Friends. The Internets. Books.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Paul Rudd. Neil Patrick Harris.
Question 34 was missing. Sorry. You can make up a question if you want and maybe I'll answer it.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.