Wednesday, December 21, 2011

(trying to) let it be

I can't remember if I've mentioned this here (probably not because I tend to forget to announce important things in favor of, like, talking about Community non-stop), but my sister-in-law is pregnant WITH TWINS, who Joe and I have nicknamed Troy and Abed (see?).

Well. Earlier this week, Julie's water broke, which is a problem because she's only 25 weeks along. She's in the hospital right now, not in labor (I guess they stop it with magic or something?), but she has to stay there until the wee babies are born. Which will hopefully not be for a good, long while. Still, that means that Julie has to spend the holidays in a hospital room, which is just all around stinky. So, if you're the praying kind, please do that, if you're more comfortable with thinking good thoughts, then think all of them! And if you'd like to send Julie a note or a funny link or something to while away the hours, email me and I'll make sure she gets your kind words. Thanks, Internets!

I'm trying this new thing where I don't let myself freak out about stuff. Which is...different and only mildly successful when I get news like the above. When I woke up this morning, though, my radio alarm was playing Let It Be and so I've decided to adopt it as my DON'T FREAK OUT mantra.

Also, I'm trying to stop yelling DON'T FREAK OUT at myself when I'm freaking out. So there's that.

5 comments:

  1. DON'T FREAK OUT!

    Thinking the very best of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for spreading the word, Jennie! And DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything is looking good today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, shouldn't we be telling YOU not to freak out? Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending all of the good thoughts in the good thought catalogue. (yay, free shipping!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of all wee baby thoughts to your sister-in-law. (Here's to Troy and Abed incubating happily for many a week to come.) And hugs piling up for you. The bear kind.

    ReplyDelete