Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is WEATHER.

Hi, Internets. You'd think that since I don't have to write a Collective post this week, I'd be posting here EVERY DAY, especially since my boss is out of the office and I have less than two weeks left here ANYWAY so who cares, right? But you'd be wrong. I haven't posted here every day. Obviously. You can see that because of . . . the lack of posts.

This past weekend was another good one, helped partly by the BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL weather. Bar Louie is doing this thing, where if you buy a Bud Light draft for $8, you get to keep the glass and if you bring it back all through March Madness, refills are only $3. So we did that on St. Patrick's Day. And took the glasses back on Friday for some refills and dinner and basketball, only I was more concerned with the beer and food than the basketball. Mainly, I just hoped Nancy's teams would win so she wouldn't throw her cheap-refill glass through a window or at our waitress's head. She didn't, though.

Joe and I went on a mini-road trip on Saturday, to see Ben Folds. It was super fun times 100 and on the way home, we stopped at the Giant Candle place on the side of 70. That is not what it's called, but you guys! There is a GIANT CANDLE next to the store. This is how giant it is:

giant candle

After Joe took my picture, I checked it out and we had the following conversation:

Me: That thing is huge!
Joe: That's what she said!
Me: I didn't realize how big it was until I stood in front of it.
Joe: I know, that is also what she said.

And then I saw a playground and made Joe take a video of me sliding down the slide. But that's on my computer at home, so you can't see it right now. Sorry. I'm sure you're crushed.

On Sunday, Heidi and I went to my parents' house to hang out with my sister, who was there aaaaaaall alone since my parents were still on their cruise. The plan was to make pizza but I'm really lazy so instead we got Papa Murphy's. It totally counts as cooking because I had to put it in the oven. We also watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I'm waiting for my mom to call me and be all, "Your sister says you made her watch a movie with penises in it, is that true?" and I'll be like, "No, Mom, it was only one penis." For realsies.

3 comments:

  1. "I know, that is also what she said." = hilarity. Joe always says funny things.

    It IS only one penis. I like that movie.

    The Papa Murphy's phenomenon is interesting to me. I assume it's much better than frozen pizza, but you still cook it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first time i saw that picture i had no idea you were in it too. THAT THING IS HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mg! it's MUCH better than frozen pizza. Basically, you go there, they make your pizza while you wait, and then you take it home and cook it and it's delicious.

    kat, THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

    ReplyDelete