Friday, June 03, 2005

the one where I talk about pooping myself

This morning, ON MY DAY OFF, my phone rang at 7 AM. It was the delivery people calling to tell me they'd be at my apartment between 8 AM and 11 AM. I love how delivery people can give you this GIANT window when they're bringing you something. I mean, I do have a life. I was planning on lying around drinking coffee all morning which, granted, I did anyway but had to take a 20 minute break to watch two burly delivery men maneuver a washer and dryer through the hallway and pray they wouldn't break anything in my apartment.

I could have gone back to sleep after they called at 7, but I had to clean out the utility closet. Something I SHOULD have done last night when I got home from Mindy's graduation. Instead, I changed out of my fancy clothes (I wore a skirt and it reminded me why I don't wear skirts because it is physically impossible to sit like a lady while you're driving) into pajamas and sat down to watch Alias with a glass of wine.

Yes, that's right, I've broken out the Alias DVDs again so look for more posts where I'm paranoid that someone is following me or that I narrowly avoided being kidnapped by Russian spies.

I'm kind of torn on this whole washer and dryer thing. That is probably my biggest purchase ever (besides the actual apartment, but I can leave that here when I move) and I feel much more tied down now. On the other hand, now I can soil myself on a regular basis* without having to run all the way down to the laundry room.

*I am so sorry for that image

No comments:

Post a Comment