Tuesday, May 27, 2008

can you tell me why you have been so-o-o-o-o saa-aaa-aaad?

Today sucks, you guys. Remember a long time ago (on a blog far, far away) when I explained why Tuesday was the worst day of the week? Well. Allow me to explain again, because I'm too lazy to go back and find that post. See, Monday automatically blows, because it's Monday and you're tired (well, I'm tired) and cranky and busy catching up on work, but you EXPECT that from a Monday. Where do you think "looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays," came from? Also, has anyone ever said that to you? Someone said it to me once and I punched them in the babymaker.

Anyway. Wednesday is sort of awesome because it's Hump Day, meaning the week is half over and also you get to say "hump" a lot. Thursday is almost Friday, which makes it easier to get through PLUS ALSO The Office is on. Friday IS Friday and most of the time I'm so happy on Friday, I'm all, "I want to have your babies, Friday." True story. Saturday and Sunday are self-explanatory, although Sunday sort of sucks because right around 6 o'clock is when the end-of-the-weekend depression starts sinking in. But it's still not enough to ruin the ENTIRE day.

Tuesday, however, oh Tuesday. Tuesday is just there. It's too blah to hate it with any real sort of passion and it drags on and on until I have to poke myself in the eyeballs just to stay awake.

Today sucks particularly hard, because not ONLY is it Tuesday, but I didn't work yesterday so it feels like Monday and so it's sort of like Monday and Tuesday have formed an unholy alliance and their main objective is to make me jump out the window. I did accomplish a lot this weekend, though. I wrote some articles, helped my grandma and great-aunt turn 70 (they didn't need much help, it turns out), drank a lot of beer and wine, ate my weight in cookout food, read two books and ONE OF THEM I read in less than 24 hours (my skills, do they frighten you?), made some new friends, and Heidi and I finally beat Rayman. When we finished it, I wandered around the apartment for a while, wondering what to do with myself because it felt like my life's goal had finally been reached. I considered making a new life goal, like climbing Mt. Everest or something, but instead I just started another book. I'm trying to push this other book out of my mind, partly because I HATED IT but mostly because, between that book and a conversation I had over the weekend, I have not been able to turn off my brain. Seriously, it won't shut up. Which meant I couldn't sleep last night which means I'm way tired and all THIS means that today sucks. And now we have come full circle. The circle of suck. It's beautiful, yes?

6 comments:

  1. seth's parents are making me want to die. i am so glad they're leaving tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard on the news this morning that people are always more tired on Tuesdays after a three day weekend than on Mondays after a regular weekend. I saw more three day weekends so we can adjust properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely onboard with this plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WONDER if you're not perhaps being a bit too harsh on Tuesday...

    I WONDER if anyone else has experienced this kind of Tuesday-related deprepression...

    I WONDER if anyone has any ideas for how to better cope with Tuesday...

    I WONDER if I'm about to be banned forever from commenting and if that will really solve anything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'm being harsh ENOUGH on Tuesday.

    Lots of people have experienced this Tuesday depression.

    A good way to cope with Tuesday is to drink profusely.

    You will never be banned from commenting. And not just because I don't know how to ban people.

    ReplyDelete