Thursday, September 18, 2008

With win-win-win, we all win. Me too.

GUESS. WHAT.

Our power is back. Thank you, sweet baby Jesus. I went over to my aunt and uncle's last night, because there was a bunch of leftover food from my parents' cookout, and also THEY HAD POWER (and Rock Band). When I got home, I noticed that the parking lot was no longer a black hole of scary darkness and when I looked in other apartments . . . there was light. LIGHT LIGHT BEAUTIFUL LIGHT.

I got inside and started flipping lightswitches on and off, WHOOHOOing in the makeshift strobe lights, and then ran around the apartment turning on every electrical appliance I could get my hands on.

I'm not kidding, you guys, it's a damn good thing the power came back on because I desperately need to do laundry. Heidi and I had the following email conversation yesterday. At work, because that was the only place we could go that actually had, you know, power.

Me: I wish it would come back on so I could do laundry. I'm going to be the smelly kid soon.
Heidi: I did laundry right before that so I have clothes. You'll just have to start wearing party dresses to work! haha
Me: Ha! And I'm down one party dress because it has rum and coke all over it!

Because, oh yeah! Did I tell you guys I spilled an entire rum and coke all over myself at the wedding reception on Saturday? No. No, I did not. I didn't tell you anything about the wedding because when we got back to Dayton, the world was ending, so I completely forgot about it.

Um. Anyway. I spilled a rum and coke on myself at the wedding reception. Luckily, I was sitting down and no one noticed but Joe. I was able to casually sweep my lapful of ice and coke onto the floor with my arm while Joe ran and got me a napkin. I didn't mind being a somewhat sticky mess for the rest of the night. I mean, why would I? There was an open bar, so I could easily get another drink. Plus, there were cupcakes. CUPCAKES. So. Win win (win).

6 comments:

  1. Yay for power! And DOUBLE YAY for not being the smelly kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing eases alcohol abuse (the careless spilling of a perfectly innocent cocktail) like cupcakes.

    When Joe saw this happen, did he laugh and laugh or did he throw his arms in the air and scream, 'God, not AGAIN!', then start crying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraulein N12:05 PM

    Powah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mg! yeah, I'd hate for my boss to send me home because I smell bad. Oh, wait . . .

    Sir, it went something like this:

    I spill drink
    Joe asks, "did you just spill your drink?"
    I say, "yes?"
    He laughs and goes to get napkin

    the end

    Fraulein, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still don't have power

    ReplyDelete
  6. no one likes the drunk girl who spills drinks on herself at their wedding. don't be that girl.

    and ... naughty words at you for having your power back. i loathe you. and your power. >:|

    ReplyDelete