Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pills?! Jessie, you really are taking drugs?

I had a mini-freakout earlier when I realized THERE'S NO TIME THERE'S NEVER ANY TIME I DON'T HAVE TIME TO STUDY I'LL NEVER GET INTO STANFORD because OH MY GOD THERE'S NO TIME THERE'S NEVER ANY TIME I DON'T HAVE TIME TO STUDY I'LL NEVER GET INTO STANFORD. Then I made a To Do list and I calmed down. That always helps. When I'm particularly stressed, my purse and desk are littered with half-completed To Do lists.

The scariest To Do list I ever saw belonged to Tamara. It was the one she made right before her wedding of everything she had left to do. It was on a piece of computer paper with the tiniest handwriting you've ever seen and she'd written a billion things on it. No lie. There were a billion. I counted.

My To Do lists are not that scary, and all the tasks are relatively easy, but they'd be a lot easier if I could do them all during work hours. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to pack from the office, because I haven't fully utilized my mind powers yet, so I can't. Also, it's far too early to pack, but if I could just get that out of the way, I'd feel so much better.

The packing is for a work trip and then a fun trip, which happen to be separated by fewer than 12 hours. Why I think this is possible and that I no longer need to sleep, um, at all, is beyond me. I actually think it will work out fine, but whenever I try to tell my brain that, it FREAKS THE FUCK OUT and then I have to spend precious time killing it softly with alcohol.

Add all of this to the stupid NaBloMe blog-every-single-day thing and even the alcohol wasn't working. Then I remembered that next week isn't November anymore, so I could totally quit my blog for all of December like I did last year. I'm not saying I will, but I'm saying I could. I could do a lot of things. Like, I could build a teleporter to bypass all my traveling woes, but it's not on my To Do list so I'm afraid that will have to wait.

3 comments:

  1. Abigail11:32 AM

    Fact: I get a natural high from conquering scheduling/todo situations like the one you're in.

    My biggest problem is that I always need to do laundry before I pack, so now I've make sure I do it like a week before. None of this panicky and forgetting stuff in the dryer on my way out the door to the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can get through this together, Jennie. Just put down the pills.

    Oh my gosh, why does work have to get in the way of everything? Booo...

    I should be feeling that intense panic over all the things I need to do, but I don't. That's my main problem, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking about that wedding To Do list makes me want to cry and throw things.

    I can ask one of my research participants for some meth if you want. Just don't pick at your scabby face when you're done.

    ReplyDelete