Sunday, February 08, 2009

weekend recap: WARNING, there is vomit involved

So, I started doing Weight Watchers again because Wii Fit kept calling me a fatass, and last night Joe and I split some cheese fries, and I felt sort of guilty about them (only not at all, because they were SO GOOD) but I don't think it really matters because I just vomited up everything I've eaten since like, Thanksgiving.

That's right, folks, it's stomach flu time! Whoo! Luckily, I knew it was coming because this morning I started having stomach cramps and I was all, "DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT," because it was exactly how I felt the LAST time I got the stomach flu. But anyway. I had time to go to Rite Aid and buy the essentials: Pepto Bismol, 7-UP, chicken noodle soup. I've utilized both the Pepto and the 7-UP but considering I couldn't keep down the one thing I've eaten today (toast), I think I may save the soup until tomorrow.

Also! Things could be worse. I have a comfortable bed. Warm pajamas. Hot tea. And Heidi, Joe, and my parents have all offered to bring me anything I might need, which is good because I don't think I should be in public looking the way I do. I would scare children, I swear. PLUS there's an America's Next Top Model marathon on right now, and that's like the best thing ever to watch when you're sick. Because you can fall asleep through an episode or two and when you wake up, it's still on and you don't have to work up the energy to change the channel.

I didn't just throw up this weekend, though. I also visited my grandma and my aunt and went running and saw Coraline. I'm just glad The Stomach Flu held off until I was done with all that stuff.

7 comments:

  1. Aw man: Feel better soon. I find that ANTM marathons are especially good for days when you're already throwing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. Feel better soon, Jennie! I think the ANTM marathon will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wasn't someone ELSE throwing up at your house last weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you warned, but still. Gross, Jennie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. puking is the worst. feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. The stomach flu sucks. I'm sorry you're sick! My doggy is sitting next to me, looking very concerned, so I think he's trying to tell me to tell you he hopes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stomach flu sucks. I hope you're on the mend today.

    ReplyDelete