Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't say "bucks." It's not lady-like.

Thanks for the well-wishes, Internets. I'm feeling much better and PUKING NO MORE. Which = awesome. I hate puking. So very much. I mean, I guess no one really likes puking, but I like to think I hate it more than other people. I don't know why.

I was still feeling shitty this morning and I think it was because A) I hadn't eaten anything, B) I knew I had to go back to work and C) I sort of inadvertently gave up caffeine. Oops. See, this is what I ate on Sunday: a piece of toast, 3 Ritz crackers, a bowl of chicken noodle soup. And this is what I threw up on Sunday: a piece of toast, 3 Ritz crackers. I'm not sure why I'm still talking about puking. I know everyone already knows what it's like to throw up and that my vomit is nothing special, but I like to think that it is. (It's not.)

Anyway, so I didn't have any caffeine on Sunday or yesterday or today, unless you count the tiny bit that's in green tea which I don't think really matters that much when I normally drink a bajillion cups of coffee a day. It works out well, though, because I've been wanting to give up caffeine or at least cut down on the amount of coffee I drink, so this getting sick thing was sort of good. Also, I might pretend that I gave up caffeine for Lent, even though that hasn't started yet, because I've never given up anything for Lent before. Probably not, though, because I just remembered I bought like three 12-packs of Coke zero. I can't just NOT drink it. It might go bad.

I wish I had more exciting stories to share with you, but this morning was the first time I'd left the apartment since Sunday. Unless you count when I took the trash out yesterday WHICH I DON'T even though it left me feeling like I'd just run a marathon. What a loser. I did manage to do my taxes. Federal taxes, anyway. And everyone knows that federal taxes are the important ones. Suck it, Ohio. I also watched like five hours of The Biggest Loser and YEP cried every episode. Again, I say, what a loser.

Also, I haven't done this in 69 days, so I think now is the perfect time:

Grace in small things --
  1. reconciling with a friend
  2. TV marathons when I'm sick
  3. endless Internet when I'm sick
  4. 7-UP when I'm sick (I can't drink it any other time, because it reminds me of being sick)
  5. um, staying in my pajamas all day and not feeling bad about it because I'm siiiiiiiick.

Hee.

5 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're not sick anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also glad you're not sick anymore.

    Heh. You said 69.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...
    1. barfing
    2. gave up caffiene
    3. crying during Biggest Loser

    Yep - you're preggers. Nice trying to mask it with the I'm sickity sick talk. If it's a girl will you name it after a flower like Rose or lily or violet? Just because I asked, okay?

    Also when I was christian I gave up stuff for lent every year. I liked to give up fast food because it was a challenge. One of J's friends gave up HIS BED! He slept on the floor because of jesus!? Or you could just give up Chick-Fil-A on Sundays. Because of jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kat! and mg!, thanks!

    Tam, are you trying to make me barf again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good you are done puking, because I was gonna come over here and get all bossy-like, saying, "STOP PUKING!" But you already have so I can put my bossy-face away and just say hi.

    ReplyDelete