Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's what day now? What's that? I can't hear you

I feel very blah today. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is that oh-so-special-Hallmark holiday today. I don't even bother getting worked up about that anymore.

I think it's because it's Tuesday. I have decided that Tuesday is the redheaded stepchild of the work week. Think about it. (The more I blog and watch The Office, the more I start to think I sound like Dwight in my head. And I'm kind of scared about that.)

Anyway. Hokay, so. Monday is Monday, right? I mean, it always sucks. They don't call it "a case of the Mondays" for nothing. So if anything good happens on a Monday or if the universe turns itself inside out and a Monday, in fact, does NOT suck, then hurrah and yay and let's all have ice cream.

Wednesday is obviously awesome because, hello! It's hump day. Any day that involves humping or makes it ok to say the word "hump" at work is OK by me. Wednesday is when you realize that the week is almost over. Congratulations. You've almost made it to the weekend. Also, Lost is on, Sawyer is hot, and so is the island so he'll probably take off his shirt.

Thursday is the new Friday. That point when you realize you only have one more day of getting up at the asscrack of dawn before enjoying the weekend. So, once Friday actually rolls around, you're just so excited to have made it that you don't really mind being at work because it's FRIDAY and you're so happy you might even go to TGI FRIDAYS even though that place sucks.

That leaves Tuesday. Oh, Tuesday. No one likes you. You are nothing. You aren't as good as Wednesday. You're not even bad enough to be Monday. You are blah and, well, I can't even work up the energy to hate you properly.

Edited to add: I just said "See you next Tuesday" to a patient on the phone and then started giggling WHILE STILL ON THE PHONE because, haha, C-U-Next-Tuesday, get it? I should not be allowed to talk to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment