Friday, April 22, 2005

breathe, reboot

It's my last night in my parent's house, and it's fitting that I am in the midst of fighting with my sister. She's actually standing over me right now saying angry things and I'm ignoring her. Oh, how I'll miss this.

Yeah. I've been up since 7 even though I'd planned on sleeping in since I didn't have to work. I woke up because,

a) I could hear my sister in the hallway outside my room, begging my mom to take her to school so she wouldn't get struck by lightening walking to the bus stop.

b) The dog kept barking at the thunder.

c) There was a lot of freaking thunder.

d) I couldn't even stay awake through Futurama, so I probably would have woken up anyway.

So, I got up, showered, and left the house to go to my apartment. I went to Target, Meijer, TJ Maxx, and the Dollar Tree. I love the Dollar Tree. The only store missing was Wal-mart, but I was there last night and I try to make it a point not to go there more than once a week. It was like hillbilly central last night. No offense, hillbillies.

It's strange to think that this is my last night actually LIVING in this house. Every time I've moved out before, it was with the knowledge that I'd be home once spring semester was over. I always had stuff in two places. I had a room at school, and a room at home. This whole undertaking of packing ALL my stuff and moving it to one place is a lot more work than I thought it'd be.

I probably won't be posting for a while because I don't have internet set up at my apartment. I haven't decided if I'm going to or not. The thought of not being able to check my e-mail ANY TIME I WANT is kind of frightening, but I think I'll get used to it if it's just NOT available. I haven't decided if I'm going to get cable, either. If I don't get cable or internet, I'm either going to be a much more well-read person or someone will find me wandering the street clutching my remote and keyboard.

So, I'm about to unplug my computer and finish some last minute packing. Apparently there's a chance that it may rain, snow, and/or hail tomorrow, but we're crossing our fingers that it holds off until the afternoon. Hopefully by that time I'll be drowning in a pile of boxes, but at least I'll be drowning inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment