Sunday, April 17, 2005

pack it up, move it out

I've been packing and whatnot all weekend, because I'm moving next Saturday. That's right, I am finally making the trek out of my parents house (for good) ALL THE WAY . . . across town to Miamisburg. Yeah, so it's only 25 minutes away from my parents house, but it's only 5 minutes away from work and that is just amazing. This entire process started last Saturday when we went to a bazillion different apartments and I finally settled on one. The last one we went to, of course. The first one we went to smelled REALLY bad inside, the second one did not, as I had assumed, have one bedrooms, the next few were blah, the second to the last one was perfect other than the location, but the last one. The last one WAS perfect. And after several mini-breakdowns over the week, I finally found out that I could have it.

I'm so excited, but I just want to get going. I'm signing the lease on Thursday and, since I have the day off, plan on spending most of Friday at MY new apartment that belongs to ME. Whoo and hoo.

Luckily, most of my stuff is still packed up and in storage. Really, all I have to do is pack my bedroom here, which shouldn't be that hard, right? Well, maybe if I didn't save EVERYTHING. I'm so afraid to throw things away. Ooh, maybe I'll need this last post-it note to . . . post-it something. Or, awwww, this book of matches is from that bar we went to a year ago and it reminds me of good times so I'd better NEVER throw it away. Seriously, why do I feel the need to save everything, including batteries that I'm pretty sure no longer work but I keep them anyway, just in case I have some battery-related emergency and they have just enough juice left in them to save me.

So far, I've packed four boxes (I know it doesn't sound like much, but packing my room also involved a lot of cleaning my room and that was time-consuming), and two of those are full of books. They're REALLY heavy. The people who help me move are going to LOVE me. And I'm pretty sure I have two or three more boxes of books in storage. Maybe four. I only have two bookcases, so I really have no idea what I'm going to do with all these books.

Not throw them away, though. Perish the thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment