Friday, December 09, 2005

baby, it's cold outside

Last night, because of all the snow that was dumped on Ohio, it took me 40 minutes to get home. Which is not a long time, but it normally takes me less than 10 minutes. I LOVE driving 20 mph. You know, I've never really had a chance to enjoy the scenery on the route home. The magnificent parking lots! Apartment complexes! Walmart! Beautiful. Really, though, I was only worried about one thing. By the time I got home and made dinner, I almost missed the beginning of Survivor! The horror!

Despite being a major inconvenience and sometimes causing catastrophic patio cover incidents, I usually enjoy the snow. At least for the first couple of weeks. Right now, it still looks all bright and pretty but I'm sure by January I'll be complaining EVERY DAY that I had to clean my car off/wear two coats/treat my frostbite.

I definitely need to invest in a pair of good snow boots, especially judging by the half-assed job my apartment complex did of clearing the place of snow. I know there are only a few maintenance workers and I'm sure it sucks to have to spend the majority of your morning shoveling heavy snow off of a zillion walkways but I don't even think they're trying. Why else would they pile snow right in front of the door, causing it to open only halfway and creating an interesting obstacle to try and hurdle? Also, I think they intentionally piled snow around my car so when I tried to clean it off without soaking my jeans up to the knee (remember that I'm very short), I was defeated each and every time.

Actually, I'm feeling pretty damp at the moment. My driver's side door wouldn't open this morning, so I had to get in on the passenger side, after cleaning my car off, and in the process of swinging myself over the cupholder (holding my precious coffee) and under the steering wheel, I pretty much got snow all over the driver's seat. Also, I think I may be wearing the world's most unflattering sweater today. It's a pretty color, but kind of shapeless and also it has all these weird lumps in it (besides my lady lumps). I just didn't care this morning. I may have gotten the sweater off of the closet floor. It's not dirty, I'm just too lazy to put things away when they fall off of shelves.

This is why I need to keep an extra set of clothing at work.

Well, that, and naptime accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment