Monday, May 09, 2005

Pase a niños, por favor

I don't think much about high school. I'm not sure why. I didn't have a particularly trying time in high school, it was just kind of there. Something to be accomplished on the way to the real world.

That's why it always surprises me when I have high school flashbacks. For some reason this morning I started thinking about my Spanish class senior year. We had to make a commercial video, while speaking Spanish of course, so my friend and I chose a laser pointer as our product. If I remember correctly, I think the sole reason for choosing this product was so we could tape my 85 pound lab chasing a tiny dot of light. As we watched the video, a girl in the class snotted that making a dog chase a laser was cruel. Now, I don't remember much about this girl. I don't remember her name, I don't remember if she was in my grade, and I can pretty much guarantee that if I saw her on the street today I wouldn't recognize her.

All I remember is that she vaguely resembled a velociraptor. And I wasn't about to be lectured on cruelty by a creature that tries to devour small children.

No comments:

Post a Comment