Monday, November 07, 2005

and now I have orange tights that I'll never wear again

Did you guys know that it's really hard to find orange knee socks? I mean, I looked EVERYWHERE. Meijer, Target, Walmart, Payless, Kohl's, the mall (all of it), thrift stores, Goodwill. I couldn't find them anywhere.

Which is why I settled for orange tights.

Since the weekend of Halloween, my friends and I all had prior engagements that did not involve dressing up, we had our party this past Saturday. You know, November 5th. The attendees? Napoleon Dynamite, Deb, Kip, Lafawnduh, a witch, Velma, and Heather and Steve, who were supposed to be a pregnant Britney and Kevin Federline but because of a pillow malfunction came as themselves wearing devil horns and a screws-through-the-head headband (does that make any sense) instead.

I was Velma, hence the orange tights, which I thought would be the perfect costume. And not just because I already had the orange sweater, glasses, and shoes. But because it was early November, I thought a sweater would be fine, absolutely FINE, to wear and I'd be nice and cozy and warm the entire night. Someone apparently did not get the memo that November is sweater season and it was like sixty degrees. I ended up taking the entire costume off around 11 and spent the remainder of the night as Pajama!Girl. Action figure coming soon to a store near you.

The award for Best Costume (oh, yes, there are awards) goes to Nick for his 3-in-1 outfit. He started the night as Napoleon. Then he lost the wig, but kept the suit and glasses and became Bill Lumberg. THEN (and this one was my favorite) he kept the glasses but lost the suit jacket, slicked his hair back and became Dwight from The Office.

The only downside of the weekend (other than it ended) was that my computer decided to not work and instead become a very heavy, very useless piece of modern art. Dear Internets and people smarter than me, please help. I don't know what to do about it. I don't know if it's salvageable. I can turn it on, but once I do it won't let me open any programs or click on anything. I hope I can fix it somehow because I cannot afford a new computer, however much I want one. I don't know if there is some kind of software that I can buy. I don't know if I should even bother.

Jinkies. I bet Velma would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment