Monday, November 28, 2005

jennie standard time

This morning, when my alarm went off I decided that I did not need that much time to get ready but what I DID need was more sleep. Apparently I did not get enough sleep over the holiday weekend when, in actuality, pretty much all I did this weekend was sleep, read Harry Potter, and watch Arrested Development. You heard me.

So, when the alarm went off I turned it off and then set it ahead by half an hour. Half an hour! What is wrong with me? That's why you don't make decisions when you're half asleep. Because when you're half asleep you're a deluded asshole. Don't argue with me.

I woke up a little while later and proceeded to flip out when I noticed that the clock said I was supposed to be at work RIGHT THAT VERY MINUTE. I jumped out of bed and got ready (sans shower) as quickly as possible, of course taking precious moments to make coffee because I was already late so I didn't want to be all sleepy as well. I ran out the door, got in my car and looked at the clock and thought, "Hey, it's half an hour earlier than I thought it was."

That's because I'm a freaking idiot. (Gosh!) Instead of setting my alarm to a later time, I had set the actual time ahead. Because apparently my bedroom is in a different time zone than my car and, in fact, the rest of my apartment.

On a completely unrelated note . . . does anyone think that JK Rowling is going to kill Harry Potter in the last book? My aunt and I were talking about this on Thanksgiving. Because my family talks about Harry Potter at our gatherings because we're COOLER than your family. ANYWAY. My aunt says that JK Rowling has already written the last chapter of the last book. Weird. Also, do you think Hogwarts is like a regular high school where girls have to leave because they get pregnant with little witches or wizards? And then they have to fight the Hogwarts school board to be allowed to march down the aisle at graduation in their giant, belly-covering witch robes? I hope that doesn't happen to Hermione, but I think I'd be ok with it if Ron were the father.

These are the things I think about. Are you scared?

No comments:

Post a Comment