Sunday, July 10, 2005

Wild Kingdom, part two

I have a new roommate. She's a lot quieter than all my former roommates, but she licks herself and meows a lot more. Also? She poos in a box in the corner. Only one of my past roommates did that.

Yes, I got a cat yesterday. I adopted her from SICSA (Society for the Improvement of the Conditions of Stray Animals. They make you learn that before you can take home a pet. Not really, I'm just a tool. As you know. Anyway.) Originally, I wanted to get a dog, but my apartment complex only allows dogs under 20 pounds and I hate those little, yippy rat-bastard dogs. So, I decided if I couldn't bring home a Lab or a St. Bernard I'd adopt another animal that needed a home. Even though I've never owned a cat and really have no cat knowledge to speak of, I couldn't resist the one I ended up getting.

Phoebe (formerly Ally, but I changed her name because that's the name of my friend's dog) is three years old and looks just like Puss 'n Boots from Shrek 2, especially when she opens her eyes really wide. She doesn't, however, wear boots and carry a sword but that would be pretty sweet. Already, I couldn't imagine life without her because last night she stalked and killed a cockroach.

Worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment