Friday, July 29, 2005

I have a proposition for you, Internets

As you may or may not know, one of my best friends (Kate) is currently overseas volunteering with the Peace Corps. Communication, while not impossible, is certainly a little more difficult now than when she was living down the hall from me. Or in Columbus, for that matter. Although I was pleasantly surprised to see that even in MALAWI AFRICA she still managed to comment on my blog. Way to be, Kate, way to be.

However. Even though she is in the faraway land of MALAWI AFRICA she can still receive letters and soon, I think, she will have a cell phone. I find it really interesting that, while she has to shit in a hole in the ground and live in a mud hut (hee), she will soon have a cell phone.

Anyway. As for my proposition. Kate has informed me that mail is jealously coveted by Peace Corps volunteers, which is totally understandable since they've left their friends and family far, far behind in the land of indoor plumbing and TiVo.

Internet to the rescue! The people who read my blog are kind, dear human beings (at least I think you're all human . . . sometimes I wonder (I kid, I kid!)) and I know for A FACT that many of them are funny, talented writers because I read their blogs on a regular basis. So, dear, sweet, kind Internets, I was wondering if some of you would be willing to write letters to Kate and the other Peace Corps volunteers of MALAWI AFRICA.

I haven't thought through this much (surprise, surprise) because the thought just occurred to me earlier this morning, but if you're at all interested shoot me an e-mail (wittbax@gmail.com) and I'll tell you how to go about sending a letter/card/dirty limerick to Kate or one of her fellow volunteers. In MALAWI AFRICA. And if you're lucky, Kate will tell you all about pooing in a hole in the ground with diarrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment