Thursday, January 29, 2004

I just found out that I passed my senior comps. So, yay! One more requirement for graduation is fulfilled. Whoopdee shit. I was going to do some homework but I really don't feel like it. There's only so much 18th century British poetry I can read before I want to claw my eyes out. I don't know what my problem is; I read like two lines and then the page gets all blurry and I start daydreaming about what William Wordsworth looked like. I know. I'm weird.

I had a conference with my writing teacher today about my first story. He really seemed to like it and he told me I was a good writer, which always feels great. It's just been a good news day.

Later I have to go watch a bunch of ADHD kids while their parents attend an ADHD seminar to learn how to deal with them. I'm doing it to fulfill my community service requirement (for school, not because I got arrested shoplifting or something).

So, I bought this John Mayer poster off Ebay, but every time I try and go to pay for it the page won't display. Not that I want to pay for it, but I would eventually like the poster. I knew it was a mistake to start visiting Ebay again. It's so addicting. It's almost like a game. I'll sit at the computer and keep refreshing the screen to make sure no one is bidding against me, and if they do I'm obsessed with beating them. Ebay even says "you won the auction," so I think they really are trying to perpetuate the "it's just a game, not real money" idea. Bastards.

I keep thinking of putting a link to this website in my AIM profile, but I kind of like the idea that no one I know reads the things I write here. On the other hand, why would I be writing any of this if I didn't want people to read it?

Although, the thought that my parents might read some of the things I write in here scares the crap out of me. Maybe I can do a parental-edit and then share it with people. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment