Monday, January 05, 2004

Yay, my car has new tires! So very exciting. I finally went to the bookstore and bought the book I'm supposed to read for Senior Comps. I should have gotten it at the beginning of break, but that's just so unlike me. I wouldn't have wanted to frighten anyone with my unpredictable behavior.

On another note, I have decided to make some resolutions, but screw making them about the new year. First, I'm not going to skip classes as much as I have in the past. There was a time in my life when I used to relish getting good grades, and I haven't been that person in a long time. I kind of miss her. Second, I'm not going to procrastinate as much. I'm not saying I'll never procrastinate, because that would be impossible. But I put things off that would be so easy to just DO. I don't know why I do it, but I do. Third, and this won't be hard to do, I want to spend more time with my friends since we'll all be graduating in a few months. And I don't mean that I want to go to the bar more often, but I want to make more of an effort to visit everyone.

Finally, I've stolen a few resolutions from one of my favorite people . . . Bridget Jones. Yes, I know she's fictional, and yes, I know she's not very good at keeping her resolutions either, but she has some good ones. So (and I hope I'm not violating some kind of copyright law, don't sue me I'm not making money off of this), this year:

I WILL NOT

Fall for any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, commitment phobics, people with girlfriends or wives, misogynists, megalomanicas, chauvinists, emotional fuckwits (my favorite), freeloaders, or perverts.

Get upset over men, but instead be poised and cool ice-queen.

Have crushes on men, but instead form relationships based on mature assessment of character.

Bitch about anyone behind their backs, but be positive about everyone.

Sulk about having no boyfriend, but develop inner poise and authority and sense of self as woman of substance, complete without boyfriend, as best way to obtain boyfriend.

I WILL

Be more confident.

Be more assertive.

Make better use of time.

Not go out every night but stay in and read books and listen to classical music. (Right, that'll happen)

Get up straight away when wake up in mornings.


So, thanks Bridget. I'll be working on these things, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment