Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hello, Vegas? Yeah, we would like some more alcohol. And you know what else? We would like some more beers. Hello? Oh, I forgot to dial!

February has been a long, strange month. Not necessarily good or bad, just weird. It's OK. I like weird. I got a new job, other stuff happened, good times. Is it weird to say February was long? Because compared to other months . . . it's not. You know? Not TIME-WISE anyway. Yeah, I don't know what I'm babbling about either.

I got an invite to a bridal shower/bachelorette party yesterday. I'm pretty psyched. Not so much about the bridal shower because that will involve a lot of acting like a grown up, but I am all over the bachelorette party. You know, I have five friends who are engaged right now. That is a lot of weddings. Also, that is a lot of wedding dates. I should start recruiting now. Responsibilities for my wedding date include but are not limited to: dancing with me after I am drunk enough to want to dance, getting me drinks, making sure I miss the bouquet toss, picking me up after I fall down, and carrying my heels after I kick them off because I'm tired of falling down. Now that I look at that list, I'm not sure my friends really want me at their wedding. ALSO, if Jake Gyllenhaal or John Krasinski want to be my date(s), they don't have to do any of that stuff. They can just sit there and look pretty.

I also found out that my roommate from college had a baby. A BABY. A tiny lifeform that she is responsible for keeping alive! Scary. I just find it hard to wrap my brain around the fact that the girl who one night got drunk and wandered around the sorority house parking lot wearing one sandal and carrying a trashcan is now a mother. It's so strange that all these people around me are doing grown up things, like getting married and having babies and buying houses. It makes me think I should be doing these grown up things, but I don't really want a husband or a house or a baby. ESPECIALLY not a baby. I like spending my weekends riding mechanical bulls and sitting around in my pajamas watching The Hills (don't judge) and taking long road trips JUST BECAUSE. You can't do those things with a baby. Well, you can probably watch The Hills with a baby, but I don't think it would understand all the drama. I mean, I have a hard time keeping up with all the drama and, while I sometimes doubt my intelligence, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I am slightly smarter than a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment