Thursday, February 15, 2007

I don't care what anyone says, I would totally take a midnight train to anywhere. As long as it was south of here.

I walked out of the apartment this morning and was unpleasantly surprised to find that all of the snow was still here. I was kind of hoping that by some miracle it would have all magically melted overnight. Unfortunately, the opposite happened. It just got colder and harder (heh). Actually, since we got so much freezing rain after we got all the snow, there's a really thick layer of ice over everything so, in most places, you can walk on top of the snow. Not only does it make me feel taller, it also kind of makes me feel like Jesus. You know? Cause he walked on water? Which is technically what I'm doing, only this water is frozen. Hey, maybe that's how Jesus did it!

Hell is nice this time of year, right?

Anyway, I know I told you guys all about how it took me 9 hours to unearth my car yesterday, but what I didn't tell you is that after I did all that work I couldn't even get my car out of the parking spot because there was a giant hump (heh) of snow and ice behind me. Also? Heidi and I do not own a shovel. I know. I KNOW! Luckily, my lovely mother was home from work yesterday and she let me borrow her car. And then after work my lovely father came over and helped me dig my car out. And when I say he helped me dig my car out, I mean he got my car out for me while I stood back watching with a not-so-bright look on my face.

Wow, this entry is boring. I really wish I'd stop talking about the stupid snow and the stupid ice and the stupid cold, too, but you know what? I'll stop talking about it when IT GOES AWAY FOREVER.

On a completely unrelated note, I just typed the words, "it's too cold to take my pants off outside," in an e-mail. I think that may be a first.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment