Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, the first days are the hardest days, don't you worry any more. Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door.

Right now I'm waiting on a phone call*. So, of course, I keep obsessively checking my cell phone to make sure I haven't missed it and that the ringer is turned up as loudly as it will go. I haven't missed it. And the ringer is turned up so loud that when and if it finally does ring, it will scare the shit out of me. I really should download a less jarring ring, but if I don't have a really loud and annoying ringtone then I never hear my phone when someone calls. And since I'm already really bad about answering my phone, downloading something like . . . I don't know . . . Bob Marley isn't going to work very well.

Anyway, this phone call is either going to be really good or a huge downer. I'm leaning toward really good but I'm trying not to lean too hard so when it turns out to be a huge downer I don't tumble over and hurt myself. It's hard not to get my hopes up, though. Things have been going fairly well for me recently and I'm of the opinion that when good things keep happening it only means something really shitty is coming along. Yes, I realize that's a really depressing outlook on life but Bridget Jones agrees with me and who am I to argue with my role model?

Who am I kidding? I pretend to be cynical and pessimistic but really on the inside I'm just a silly, naive optimist with blinders to the world and an overabundance of rose-colored glasses.

*I can't tell you what it's about, Internets. Not in such a public place, anyway. The walls . . . have ears. I will say, though, that I am not pregnant, planning to elope, going to go pitch-a-tent-on-the-front-lawn crazy and shave my head, or running away to a convent. Hell, I'm not even Catholic. And even if I were, I'm not sure they'd take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment