Friday, March 05, 2004

I know I usually write about nonsensical, nonserious stuff in here, but I just found out my great uncle died. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. When I woke up this morning, my mom had left a voicemail. I was hoping it was something she'd forgotten to tell me about spring break, but I could tell by the tone of her voice in the message that it wasn't.

I guess I just can't believe how quickly it happened. Usually with cancer you have some time to prepare. But through just this week we went from thinking he was in remission, to learning the cancer was back and getting worse, and now this.

He wasn't someone I saw very often; he and my great aunt live in California. But when I was younger they visited a lot. He gave the best "bear" hugs and he always made me laugh. I'll miss him. Goodbye, Uncle Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment