Sunday, October 07, 2007

I'll have an appletini, light on the tini*

Hi. I'm back from Cleveland. No more weddings this year, unless someone (Heidi?) has something planned I don't know about.

It was pretty much one of the best weddings ever. For several reasons. Which I will list. In list format. With numbers. For your perusal. OK.
  1. Dinner = Steak, shrimp, green beans, roasted potatoes. OH MY GOD YOU GUYS IT WAS SO GOOD. I don't think I've ever finished a meal at a wedding before but I totally ate everything on my plate, except for the flower even though Heidi told me it was edible.
  2. There was so much dancing. Which I'm not usually a big fan of, but I'd had enough to drink, I'd swapped my high heels for flip flops, and Leah's now-husband Paul is a DJ. He's also a rocket scientist. Now. I'm not sure how good of a rocket scientist he is, but if he is as good a rocket scientist as he is a DJ then we will be landing on the moon any day now. What's that? We've already landed on the moon, you say? Then we shall be LIVING on the moon any day now. True story. It's science. I'll prove it to you. Only not right now because I'm very tired.
  3. Did I mention the drinks? Leah and Paul picked a drink special (appletinis), which were basically just vodka. Fine with me. My theory is they ran out of . . . whatever else they put in appletinis to make them apple-y so they just used vodka and a tiny bit of green food coloring. Also, after dinner they served cordials? Which were like . . . Kahlua type drinks or something? I really have no idea, but they were really good. Paul and Leah live in Huntsville now so I thought maybe it was a Southern thing? Cordials? A little help?
  4. BEST OF ALL. There was a COOKIE BAR. And they were so good. And they had take home boxes so you could . . . um, take cookies home. Someone told me that's a Northern Ohio thing to do and since Paul is from Buffalo and Leah is from Cleveland, I am giving all the credit to Leah.

Oh and also? There was no bouquet toss or chicken dancing so I didn't have to hide in the bathroom at all. Also, I was pretty smart for once, because after the reception we were told there would be beer pong in room 414 and I DIDN'T EVEN GO. Instead Heidi and I went back to our room and caught Spoon's second act on SNL (sad face) and gossiped about the wedding. I'm not saying I was completely smart. I managed to remember the gift but I forgot the card, which is why I wrote this note:

Paul and Leah, Happy Wedding! I (Jennie) forgot your card at home so I'll mail it when we get back. Oops! Congrats! Love, Jennie and Heidi

on a piece of Sheraton notepad paper and slipped it in the gift bag. CLASSY.

*nothing was light on the tini last night

No comments:

Post a Comment