Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Well, I’m going to start fast. Then I’m going to run fast in the middle. Then I’m going to end fast.

Last Friday, after some fast and furious emailing, Heidi and I decided to run the Turkey Trot. Actually, what happened was, I spent the majority of the afternoon looking up various upcoming races in the Dayton area and then I asked Heidi if she wanted to run the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Once she said yes, I told her the race was at 8 AM. Mwaahaahaa! Seriously, though, it needs to be early in the morning because I need plenty of time the rest of the day to eat mashed potatoes. Also, Turkey Trot is fun to say. Turkey Trot Turkey Trot TURKEY TROT! Although, it kind of sounds like a stomach disease you might get while traveling, if you know what I'm saying and I think you do.

I was telling my parents about the race last night and I don't think my dad believes we're actually going to do it. Not just because I have never run a five mile race before IN MY LIFE, but also because I say I'm going to do a lot of things that I never end up doing (see: play the guitar, write a novel, develop a time machine). But this race costs money so if I don't end up doing it, I'm out $17 and I don't know about you but I'm not in any position to wipe my ass with 17 dollars and throw it in the toilet and flush it away to China or anywhere else, for that matter.

Heidi and I went running last night and I told her that if anyone gets in my way during the Turkey Trot, I'm going to push them over. Or trip them. Or kick them in the babymaker. This was after I grabbed my boobs and jumped up and down to demonstrate how much they DIDN'T EVEN MOVE because I was wearing two sports bras. Apparently SOMEONE needs to work on her race etiquette before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment