Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Fort Fun

No weird dreams last night, or at least none that I REMEMBER, so you all got lucky today and don't have to hear about them.

Someone DID find my blog by searching for "built a fort out of blankets," and to that person I say, WELCOME fellow fort-builder. If you're looking for stories or something, you're kind of out of luck, because I think there's only one. If you're looking for instructions, well, I don't know if I should give them to you because building a fort out of blankets requires imagination and ingenuity as well as, you know, blankets and possibly closepins.

My sister and I always built them in our basement. We'd drag every toy chest and chair we could find into one room and steal blankets from all over the house. The closepins were so the blankets would stay in place because how much does it suck to build a fort and have it fall on your head? So frustrating.

The thing is, usually after we'd built the fort, we'd play in it for like five minutes, get bored, and tear it down. Why are so many childhood activities so pointless and yet so fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment