Monday, January 03, 2005

peace out, 2004, and good freaking riddance

How can this weekend have seemed so long and so short at the same time? I left for Chicago Thursday night with Angela and Stiffie, escaping a house of CRAZY and not the good crazy. And, yes there IS a good crazy because that was what my weekend was full of.

This was my first time in Chicago and I drove the whole way there. Luckily, I had someone else navigating because I need someone to tell me precise directions when I'm driving a route I've never driven before. I mean, I need them to tell me things like, "you should probably get into the right lane and you should probably get over right now because DEAR GOD YOU'RE ABOUT TO MISS THE EXIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING AT THE ROAD YOU BIG, BIG, DIRECTIONALLY RETARDED MORON!"

So. I didn't miss any exits, thank you very much, and we were never in any way lost, except for when we thought we were already on 94, but it turned out we were still on 90. It didn't even matter because we ended up on 94 before we even realized we were almost lost.

ANYWAY. We got to Chicago and gained an hour, which was awesome. It wasn't so awesome going home, because we lost an hour, but whatever. On Friday, when we all eventually got ready, we went to Navy Pier (see pictures below). I thought it was funny that so many people seemed to be on shore leave or something, but then I realized that they'd all just bought their Navy hats while they were there because little kids are probably not allowed to join the Navy and I can't believe I just admitted that.

After dinner and some sitting around, we made it to the party. We had snacks, made drinks, and played Kings, I Never, and Cranium until we had all had too much alcohol and concentration was no longer possible. That was OK, though, because it was almost 11. And since most of us were from Ohio, we celebrated like it was midnight.

NOT that we completely ignored midnight when it finally rolled by Chicago. We celebrated then, too. And again, for our friends in Mountain Time. And, yes, again for our friends on the West Coast. I mean, we really HAD to celebrate four times, because there were like eight bottles of champagne.

Needless to say, Saturday was spent lying around in our pajamas watching Friends. We did eventually make it to Mary's car so she could give us a tour of Lake Forest, including the street where George Clooney and Brad Pitt filmed a scene of Ocean's Twelve. And don't ask me what scene it was because I haven't seen the movie yet. All I know is it involved some bar and some kind of other shop and Brad Pitt running down the street.

So, that was my New Year's. It might not sound that exciting, but I don't think it's very nice of you to look down on my celebration like that. I mean, what did YOU do that was so exciting? Did you go to a BAR? Ooooh, that's original. I'm so impressed.

Sorry, that was some leftover 2004 hostility. I think it's gone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment